Jump to the main content block

Before Arrival





Before you come to Taiwan, you should apply for a Visitor or Resident Visa from the Taiwan Diplomatic Mission in your residence country with the admission letter issued by UT and other supporting documents . Look up the Taiwan Diplomatic Mission in your residence country by visiting the Ministry of Foreign Affair's website: www.mofa.gov.tw/en >> Embassies & Missions. Please note that if you fail to obtain visa issued by a Taiwan Diplomatic Mission, your exchange student identity will be canceled. 

Obtaining a school admission permit does not guarantee the issuance of a Resident Visa.  Obtaining a Resident Visa does not entitle the visa holder to enter the R.O.C.(Taiwan).



Entry Permit-For Mainland China Students

If you are a Mainland China Passport holder, you will need to enter Taiwan with an Entry Permit (入臺證). According to regulation of National Immigration Agency (NIA), the OIA at UT will help you with the application for an Entry Permit. UT will send the Entry Permit to the contact person.



If you will be staying in Taiwan for one academic year, you may be able to obtain an ARC. Within 15 days of entering Taiwan, you must apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) at the National Immigration Agency in Taipei. 


Insurance & Health Exam


We strongly suggest the exchange  students purchase health insurance with 6 months of coverage from the home country.

To meet UT and government requirements, all new students must complete a health exam conducted by a qualified doctor and complete all parts listed on the Medical Examination Requirements for Short-Term Students(Form C).